It’s true. Northerners are growing tired of the white stuff that we call snow and heading south for warmer days. I should know, it’s exactly what my family of 5 from NH did. We did our research on the local area, wanted to be close to the ocean, still have cooler winters and great schools. And VOILA! We found Hampstead NC and love every bit of it. There are a few things that we have learned along the way that most Northerners are unaware of. So I wanted to share them with you.
- NOT ALL water is the same! The Intracoastal waterway has it’s own mind. Learning to navigate the waters takes a lot of time. The sandbars are always moving, so it’s important to be aware and learn the ways of the water. We, like most excited New Englanders here, went out and bought a boat. We gassed it up the next day, got all of the kids in the boat and drove to the local marina. YUP! Within 5 minutes we were stuck! My advice, get a depth finder and go slow until you learn the waters.
2. Not ALL donuts are created equal! Dunkin Donuts can not even compare to the bit of heaven here called the Fractured Prune. They bake all of their donuts to order leaving them fresh and warm! Then they create a masterpiece for breakfast.
Take a look at this one called S’mores. It has marshmallow glaze, graham crackers and mini chocolate chips . (Fractured Prune is located at 303 S Topsail Dr, Surf City, NC 28445)
3. Be prepared to meet some of the friendliest people ever. I’m talking look you in the eye, call you ma’am with a smile every time, nice. They are genuinely all around, kind people.
4. Chick-fil-A is a DELICACY here. I’m serious. People drive all over town to eat at Chick-fil-A
5. Topsail Island is not pronounced “Top-Sail” ( I know, that’s what it looks like) It’s pronounced “Top-SUL”
Welcome to the south New England! You’re going to love it!!!!
Click here to view a few local homes for sale or call me today for more info on how to find your dream home here in the Hampstead NC area.
CALL/TXT: (910)777-2793 EMAIL: email@example.com